Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm a girl on a mission

On a mission in an attempt to lessen the toxic overload on my body, without sacrificing my standards! - I know there are plenty of things out there in the world that I have no control over, but anything I use on my face and body every day and night I do have control over. I use these products so much and over a very long period of time, so I want to make sure I choose the healthiest products possible, while still achieving the same goals! :)

The EWG (Environmental Working Group) Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database rates products and ingredients as "O" being the BEST and "10" being the WORST. Although the Skin Deep website is not the ultimate Beauty Bible, it's the only thing we've got as a guideline...

My biggest challenge yet... is finding Natural / Organic Makeup that really works! I'm determined to because I remind myself that we have the right to know exactly what we are buying and using, and that takes time and research.

My ultimate goal form this blog is to save myself AND the world (LOL... This would be my Miss America Speech if I had to have one- wink, wink). I'm determined to switch all of my toxic beauty products out, and replace them with fewer, safer products that actually work and simplify my beauty regimen while living on a budget. I would love to share ideas and review products with you of things that I am trying and hopefully we can find many other, safer options together.

Thank you!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Great initiative! I'm excited to see what you find, as I am always looking for organic options myself. (:

    ReplyDelete